Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You've all seen those cartoons where a character finds themselves out on the ice in the middle of a pond.  Or on a kitchen floor covered in marbles.  Legs go in every direction.  They slip.  Regain composure.  Start sliding again.  Steady themselves.  Their legs move rapidly as they try not to fall completely down.  Sometimes they make it through the ordeal unscathed.  Other times they end up on their rump and must carefully find their footing again.

This.  Is me.

It's obvious I haven't been posting about my weight loss, and the above described scenario is why.  There's been really nothing to report.  No milestones to write home about.  I gain a little, I loose that little.  The scale goes up a bit.  The scale goes down a bit.  As of tonight, I'm about 1# up from my absolute lowest.  I'm not freaking out about it.  I'm not even upset.  It is what it is and I will continue to maintain my current weight until I find the motivation to continue loosing that last 13# I want to loose.

A week ago at my Weight Watchers meeting, we talked about slip-ups.  That's what got me thinking about this blog post.  I knew I had to blog to keep myself accountable, but my "all or nothing" mentality was telling me it wasn't  worth blogging about.  

Well, no more all or nothing.  It's my goal to start blogging regularly again to share my struggles and triumphs with all of you.  Right now there are more struggles than triumphs, but I'm trying to look at them as learning opportunities.  

So, look your struggle square in the eye and tell it that it doesn't have power over you!  Take this moment.  This very moment and do something to change your struggle into a victory!

Here's to hoping to report a triumph next week!
Michelle

No "this is me this week" photo, but I will share this doosey from our 80's themed summer party this past weekend.  What a hoot!


No comments: