Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another week DOWN

Even after a girls crafting weekend where there were turtle muffins {yes, there are such things, and we have fallen in love with each other} and other goodies, I managed to squeak out a loss of 1# this past week.  I'm thrilled, and now back down to what I weighed at the start of summer.  I didn't gain a lot, but I was up about 2#'s overall, otherwise maintaining over these summer months.  Well, now I'm itching to loose these last 15-ish pounds and be at goal!

Two of my kiddos also had their check ups today and their pediatrician encouraged me to get rid of the junk food {hot dogs, chips, white bread} and serve the family what I've been eating.  He encouraged me to take baby steps towards a changing lifestyle. 

Our first change - BREAKFAST!  No more toast toast toast for breakfast.  My kids could easily put away a small loaf between the 3 of them for breakfast!  Starting tomorrow, I will get up a few minutes early and make eggs, oatmeal, pancakes... something other than several pieces of toast.... as their breakfast meal. 

What'll we change next?  I don't know, but this seemed like the most obvious step!  I'll keep you posted on our transitions and how the fam is taking the change. 

What healthy changes have you made recently?

No comments: