Monday, July 30, 2012

Inspiration!

I seriously have been a crafting DIVA since our crafting weekend a few weeks ago.  I immediately set up my sewing machine and have found myself behind her sewing a multitude of things.  A nubby pillowcase for my son in a fabric HE chose and "had to have".  More of those adorable circle skirts!  {I think just about every little girl on my Christmas list will be getting one this year.}  And just playing around with some random ideas.  One afternoon I whipped up a small quilted table runner to try and use up some of my scraps.

Today we had some extra time after swimming lessons and so we buzzed through a few thrift stores in search of treasures.  I wanted to pick up some tee's for some ideas I had in my head, and found 3 in gorgeous shades to make 3 different projects.    And at least these projects didn't get added to the "to finish someday" pile!

TURQUOISE

I think turquoise is my new favorite summer color.  And while this shade isn't a true representation of the actual color I {love}, it'll do.  So I made another dolman tee out of it!




SHERBERT

Another color I can't resist.  I had thought that this would be a skirt for myself, but alas, my hips are still to big.  {sad face}  However, it fits my daughter perfectly.  The ruffle was already on the bottom of the shirt, so I simply cut off the top to the correct length I wanted the skirt, and added the elastic waistband just like in the circle skirts.  {i love working with jersey knit}

 






LIME

Could there be 3 better colors to work with ??  I think not!  This one was just meant to be an infinity scarf.  1 Pinterest Tutorial + 1-$1 Tee = a funky infinity scarf that's NO SEW!




And then something with the scraps {love} - A little wrap for a mason jar to hold my scissors, etc.





More to come as I think I've found the armoire that will work perfectly for my craft organizer!


No comments: