Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I know my weight loss blog posts are normally encouraging and upbeat, but I have to admit, that today I just feel blah. I think part of it is the fact that since I've lost nearly 20# over the last 2 1/2 months I'm now feeling thinner and my clothes are fitting better than they ever have. I even whipped out a pair of jeans from the "skinny bin" and they fit! I sort of knew this hurdle would come. But I don't want to get comfortable here. Where I'm currently at. At this weight. I still have approx. 20-25 more that I'd like to loose to get to goal. So getting comfortable where I'm at is not an option.

This week I lost 1# for a total loss of 19.6#'s. I even got my 10% goal key chain from Weight Watchers. *grin*

What I'm trying to figure out now, is how to tackle the 2 Thanksgiving meals in my near future. I'll have one more weigh-in prior to the temptations beginning, but I've already been trying to figure out what choices I'll make. I love all the fixin's so I'll definitely be indulging more than normal. So how do I enjoy the feast and still see a loss {or at least stay the same}? EXERCISE! I've got the ability to earn extra points plus points to use during the week by just getting in some activity. So I'm going to kick it into high gear, rather than fore go the stuffing and taters. Lots of walking, dancing, cleaning, you name it. Hopefully this will counteract those "pointless" days of eating enjoyment. Because, c'mon. This is life. Thanksgiving is once a year. Everything in moderation.

So no. I won't be tracking points on Thursday or Saturday. {NOT WEIGHT WATCHERS APPROVED} Will I be stuffing myself silly? Nope. I'll eat just enough to be satisfied and taste a bit of everything. And yes I'll have dessert. I'd rather walk a few miles and still have pie!

Here's what I look like this week. {In my new smaller jeans too!}

4 comments:

Jessi said...

Keep going, Shel! Lookin' good!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the support, Jess :)

Stephani said...

Yay for another pound! :) Holidays can be a challenge but you have to enjoy them as well. I'm sure you'll do great!

Vicki said...

We can always go for a walk after dinner! :)