Monday, October 31, 2011

following a good week


So you'd think that the momentum from last week's big loss would be enough to slingshot me into another fearless week. Au contrair. Call it a case of too much candy around the house or what, but even though I stayed within my points {and exercised} I still did not manage to loose what I would have liked to. I can attribute it to an excess of points used on chocolates and foregoing the fruits and veggies. In fact, today I realized the error of my ways and transitioned to carrot sticks during the afternoon. Had I not been tracking, I would have polished off the bag of mini Snickers rather quickly. Why is it those minis go down sooooo good?

But after my mere .6# loss, I'm onto another week and ready to hit it head on. I've formulated new goals and I'm ready to succeed. One thing to be thankful for though, is that in the 9 weeks I've been doing the Weight Watchers program, I've never gained... yet. I keep reminding myself that the holiday weeks are still to come, and being realistic, I know that there will be weeks {3 to be exact} that will come and go and I may show a gain. But what I've got to keep reminding myself is, that I need to look at the big picture. I'm headed into these holiday weeks down a total of 17#'s. I'm in a much better place than had I not begun this journey to get healthier.

Here's what I look like this week {dressed in my halloween costume}:




No comments: