Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cutting apron strings.

It's finally happened. My oldest, newly into the double digits, will be leaving for camp later this month. And while my heart leaps at the thought of the fun he'll have meeting new friends, learning new campfire songs, and experiencing new adventures, I have to admit that I also tear up quite frequently thinking of him being off "on his own" for 6 whole days. Without Mom. Time for me to suck it up. Put on a brave face. And start cutting those proverbial apron strings.

In order to facilitate some sort of communication while he's away, I got crafty today and created these ready to mail postcards for both he and his cousin (who's also going to camp at the same time). They were super simple. Here's how to make them:



1) I just purchased some 12x12 scrap booking papers in fun patterns. Make sure if they're printed on both sides that one of the sides is either plain or light enough to write on. Card stock is best, but any paper will do.

2) Cut the papers into 5 1/2 x 4 inch rectangles.



3) I chose to affix a mailing label to the "TO" field and write in his name in the "FROM" field. Less work = more mail for Mom!

4) Draw a divider line and put a stamp in place!



These would be great for graduation gifts too for all those leaving for school in the fall. Note: Make sure stamp prices aren't scheduled to go up or they'll need to add additional postage!!

So simple. And easily customizable for any person with the myriad of papers available today! Happy crafting!

No comments: