Monday, July 8, 2013

The ever-versitle pallet!


By now, you all know how much I {heart} the pallet.  I've created signs, shelves, organizers & even planters using them.  They are free {most of the time}, and give the weathered rustic look that's so {in} right now.

My latest creation took us the good part of a Saturday, and I will readily admit that my very talented husband did most of the work.  I designed, he built.  His input.  My input.  We work quite well together! 



3 pallets and a little scrap lumber we had laying around, and this is what we have!

The only thing I had to purchase to make the actual frame, was some longer lag screws.  The ones we had on hand weren't long enough.

We built it around the bottom cushion.  I racked my brain trying to think of a thrifty way to make a waterproof bottom cushion when I thought to use a crib mattress.   It's already waterproof, and just the right size.  {admittedly this was one of my finer thrifty moments}  I got the outdoor fabric on sale and I used worn out couch pillows and recovered them with fun outdoor fabric as well.

My thrifty rug, you ask?  I get those scatter rugs when they go on sale for $1 each at our local home improvement store.  I whip stitched 3 together to make a rug for in front of the couch.




 







Next up, a rolling pallet ottoman to go in front of it for drinks!  


No comments: