Wednesday, January 4, 2012

damage control

oofda! While I wasn't surprised by what the scale showed last night at weigh-in, I still didn't like seeing the increase in numbers. Over the last few weeks of holiday indulging, I gained 2.4#. I could loose this in a week or two if I can just manage to get back on track. Eating willy-nilly was a nice reprieve, but I must say that I feel bloated and just plain icky. Amazing what just a few pounds can do to you! So today I've gotten back on track and I'm writing down what I eat in my journal. Calculating points. Weighing my portions. Choosing fruits and veggies to snack on. Planning my day.

So far it feels good to be back at it. And it felt great to be at the meeting last night too. I will admit that part of me wanted to skip {again} because I knew I'd gained. I thought that maybe I should just wait a week till I lost some of what I gained so it didn't look so drastic, but I chose otherwise, and I'm glad I did. My leader said this last night:


On weeks you gain and don't want to come,
that's when you need the meeting.
On weeks you did great,
that's when the rest of the group needs YOU.

How true! And it reinforced that I need the accountability that comes with going to the meetings. I'm glad, too, that my membership is paid monthly - automatically out of my checking account. Knowing that I've already paid for the week makes it harder to stay home. Especially on these frigid nights.

So if the holiday smorgasbords got the best of you, it's not time to throw in the towel. Do what you need to do to get back on track. It's never too late to start {again}.

Wish me luck!

No comments: